[Orca-users] need help with config file

janocsh at bluemail.ch janocsh at bluemail.ch
Tue Jul 20 02:07:35 PDT 2004

Hello

My Problem:
I collect Filesize of volumes. And as there are a lot of volumes, I want
to gather them over volume groups.
There are an unknown number of volume-groups and each volume-group has
an unknown number of volumes.
I want one plot of each volume-group, which contains all volumes of this
volume group.
e.i: there are two volume-groups: rootvg and vg1.
rootvg has three volumes: usr, var and tmp
vg1 has two volumes: vol1 and vol2
then i want two plots, one for rootvg, containing usr, var and tmp
and one for vg1, containing vol1 and vol2.

now if i don't know in advance how many volume-groups there are and how many
volumes each volume group has, how should i write the configfile?

i tried

plot {
%g volumes in by $1

data       volumeGroup(\w*)volume(\w*)
legend     $2
}
but this just make one plot named "... volumes in $1"
containing all volumes (of all volume groups).

Thanks
Janosch