[Orca-users] Windows Monitoring with Solaris Monitoring

Justin Corpron JustinC at webMethods.com
Thu Jul 22 05:33:30 PDT 2004

What is Orca written in?

-----Original Message-----
From: Blair Zajac [mailto:blair at orcaware.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 2:21 PM
To: Justin Corpron
Cc: 'orca-users at orcaware.com'
Subject: Re: [Orca-users] Windows Monitoring with Solaris Monitoring

Justin Corpron wrote:

> My understanding of the winallator documentation is that I need two orca
> instances running in order to monitor Solaris machines as well as
> Windows machines, is this correct?

Yes, that's correct.

 > Is there a way to do both with only
> one orca running? If not what is the issue that prevents both working
> under one orca?

Just time :)  Orca needs to be improved so that the Orca configuration file
can
operating on different types of input data.  Right now each column is white
space separated, but the winallator files are tab separated.

If somebody wants to patch up Orca in a general manner to handle Unix and
Windows, I'll gladly take the patch.

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/