[Orca-users] Does winallator gather tape-IO information ?

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Fri Jul 30 14:27:24 PDT 2004

mian at vip.cybercity.dk wrote:

> Hello All
>
> We are running orcallator on all our Solaris backup servers and have found
> the information about tape-IO very useful.
>
> Now we need to get the same information for some windows backup servers,
> which prompts the question:
>
> Does winallator gather tape-IO information ?

Hi Michael,

Looking through a Windows 2000 server with a SAN attached HP MSL6000 with Backup
Exec, the performance monitor doesn't clearly list any tape drives.  However,
there is a "MSSQL$BKUPEXEC:Backup Device" performance object with a "Device
Throughput Bytes/sec" which presumably measures the tape device throughput.

Did doing a Google search find anything?

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/