[Orca-users] Using Orcallator on Solaris 2.5.1

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Thu Jun 17 12:45:19 PDT 2004

Nicholas.Penney at uk.ing.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't know if this has been asked or answered before but I have been
> asked to use Orca to collect stats on some Solaris 2.5.1 servers (we
> already use it on Solaris 7 & 8 servers).  Is this possible?

The Orca script will run fine there.  Older version of orcallator.se will
definitely run and you may want to try newer versions.  The hard part is getting
an older version of the SE toolkit.  Even at

http://www.setoolkit.com/

they don't list support for 2.5.1.

The oldest SE I have is RICHPse-3.2.tar.gz which has support as far back as
Solaris 2.6.  I think you'll have to ask around for an older copy of SE.

> If it is not possible is there any known post-processing script, to
> something like sar output, that could be used to produce data files
> suitable for feeding in to the Orca plotting process?

Yes, you could do this.  However, getting hold of an older SE would be easier.

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/