[Orca-users] Orca-Startup-Problem after successfull compilation

David Michaels dragon at raytheon.com
Thu Sep 30 09:13:26 PDT 2004

Guten Tag, Matthias!  Wie geht es im Hamburg?  (ins Hamburg? Hmm..)

Matthias Lidzba wrote:

>Hello,
>
>i' am an german boy, sorry for my bad english.
>i have compiled the latest orca version successfully on my solaris server.
>there are' nt any error messages.
>but, if i try to start the orca-server-process, i get the following errors:
>
>./orca -v /usr/local/lib/orcallator.cfg
>Use of uninitialized value in split at
>/usr/bin/perl/lib/5.8.4/sun4-solaris-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 80.
>Can't locate loadable object for module RRDs in @INC (@INC contains:

Wann ich die RRD Install gemacht, es gibt es sehr viel schlecht.  Ach,
du lieber!  Ich habe nicht seit fünfzehn Jahren Deutche studiert.

So I'll slip back into English.  When I installed the RRD modules on my
Solaris 9 box with perl 5.6.1 (comes with Solaris 9), I had troubles, as
well.  I just couldn't get it to work -- I don't remember exactly what
the problem was.  But, I found that if I used the
/usr/perl5/5.00503/bin/perl, things seemed to work much more smoothly.

It's possible you skipped the RRD install step
(packages/rrdtool-1.0.46/), then you need to go back and do that.  Look
carefully at the results - I seem to recall RRD was the hardest part to
install, back with the r380 snapshot.

Which brings up another Frage -- which orca distribution are you using?

--Dragon

--

	Raytheon

	*David P. Michaels*
Senior Multi-Disciplined Engineer II W.H.
NPOESS IS
Platform OS Unix
303.344.6840
720.858.5952 fax