[Orca-users] Orca & HP-UX11

Roy McMorran mcmorran at mdibl.org
Wed Apr 13 04:10:07 PDT 2005

69morais69 at iol.pt wrote:

>I tried to build Orca on HP-UX11 box and failed.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>info and error:
>HP-UX hptngnsm B.11.11 U 9000/800
>This is perl, v5.8.2 built for PA-RISC1.1-thread-multi
>
>(Bundled) cc: warning 480: The +Z option is available only with the C/ANSI C product; ignored.

Hi,
HPUX doesn't include a proper C compiler by default.  To build much of
anything you need to either buy the ANSI C compiler product from HP or
get GCC.

You can get a free GCC binary from HP at
http://h21007.www2.hp.com/dspp/tech/tech_TechSoftwareDetailPage_IDX/1,1703,547,00.html
or perhaps elsewhere (google "hpux gcc binaries").

I've never built Orca on an HP machine, so I don't know what other
problems you may encounter, but this may get you started.

Good luck,
-r

--
Roy McMorran