[Orca-users] Sun Sparc - Replaced disk and Orca fails

David Devault DDevault at Elance.com
Wed Aug 10 19:56:12 PDT 2005

I've added the -DMAX_DISK=<some large number> and this worked for a few
minutes.

The numbers I started at were too low, 100, 500, 1000, 5000, 9999

The only number that works is 99999.  That number did not work very well
either.  Orca consumed all of the memory on my system and I needed to
kill it.

I previously ran the devfsadm command, apparently that one command is
suppose to do what drvconfig;disks;tapes did in the past.  Is the
drvconfig;disk;tapes a better approach?

Maybe the 3.4 se toolkit has better examples than 3.3.1.   I attached
the code from version 3.3.1 of se toolkit, let me know if this is what
your referring to.  If not I should have 3.4 se tomorrow.

Thanks for the help.

David

  _____