[Orca-users] orca-hp-stat.pl: header/data mismatch?

Yaple, James A. James.Yaple at mail.va.gov
Mon Aug 15 14:28:20 PDT 2005

We have quite an Orca configuration already in place and operational for
Solaris, AIX and Linux, but I am having difficulty with our HP collector.
This is on HP-UX 11.11 if I'm reading it right...

The specific error I am getting is "ERROR: header columns do not equal data
columns. Exiting."  This seems to come from the following PERL snippet:

	  ## Join header and info then verify column counts.
	  $out_header = join("\t",
	                     "timestamp", "locltime", $load_header,
$proc_header,
	                     $vmstat_header, $fs_header, $iostat_header,
	                     $packet_header, $tcp_header);
	  $out_header =~ tr/ \t/\t/s;    # translate whitespace to single
tabs

	  $out_info = join("\t",
	                   $timestamp, $locltime, $load_info, $proc_info,
	                   $vmstat_info, $fs_info, $iostat_info,
$packet_info,
	                   $tcp_info);
	  $out_info =~ tr/ \t/\t/s;      # translate whitespace to single
tabs

	  my @out_header = split ' ', $out_header;
	  my @out_info = split ' ', $out_info;
	  $header_cnt = @out_header;
	  $info_cnt = @out_info;
	  if ($header_cnt != $info_cnt) {
	    warn "ERROR: header columns do not equal data columns.
Exiting.\n";
	    &exit_nicely;
	  } elsif ($header_cnt != $prev_header_cnt or $info_cnt !=
$prev_info_cnt) {
	    $need_header = 1;
	  }
	  $prev_header_cnt = $header_cnt;
	  $prev_info_cnt   = $info_cnt;

Has anyone running this collector run into this problem before?  I searched
the archives, but nothing seemed to jump out.  If anyone has a more updated
version than the one in the SVN, please send/post.

Thanks in advance,

James