[Orca-users] Some Questions Abaout Orca Logic

D.C.Lawie tyger at hoopoes.com
Wed Feb 16 01:49:38 PST 2005

Hakan,

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, [iso-8859-9] Hakan Halisçelik \(BS SNYB\) wrote:

> i am using orca in several systems using Solaris, Aix
> i have several questions,
>
> 1- How long can we save data in our Rrd tables of Orca? 1year,2years??

  orca builds an RRD which holds up to ~ 1000 days - though these will be
daily averages at this point.  Averaging will tend to balance out maximums
and minimums in spiky systems, as you can probably already see when you
compare a weekly graph to an hourly graph.

> 2- Can we print the same information (like MAX,MIN,, values at the bottom of graph) in the graphs of Daily, Weekly or Yearly ? i mean i want to see Yearly max and min values in all graphs,

  Yes.  The values at the bottom of the graph are for the period of the
graph.

> 3- When we plot a graph Yearly, Which values does orca use? for example; it uses 5 days avarage values or weekly avarage values?

I believe the year graph has one point for each daily average.

HTH,
Duncan.