[Orca-users] ORCA preventing RSC Console use

Peter Shattuck pshattuck4 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 24 09:08:45 PST 2005

Hi all,

I am trying to get ORCA not to jam up the RSC connection we use to reboot
our systems. Due to hardware limitations we cannot reboot machines remotely
but actually have to connect via the RSC. When the machine reboots ORCA
takes over the consolse (so to speak) and I need to CNTL-C to get back to
the prompt.

Orca starts up vi /etc/rc3.d/S99ORCA

umask 022
rm -r /opt/orca/lib/orcallator.cfg.lock
/opt/orca/bin/start_orcallator
/opt/orca/bin/orca -d /opt/orca/lib/orcallator.cfg &

This is running on Solaris 9 on a SunFire 440

One solution would be cronning it to restart at a certain time but if people
are troubleshooting something that late I don't need ORCA to kick off while
their are in the middle of something

Any ideas on how to muzzle ORCA at startup or to script a delay to start up
after reboot?

Thanks.