[Orca-users] Orca with Veritas 4.1

David Michaels dragon at raytheon.com
Tue Mar 29 16:04:31 PST 2005

This is reminiscent of the "USE_RAWDISK" issue in earlier SEs.  In my
orcallator.se, I had to define it:

#define USE_RAWDISK             1

I believe this is commented out by default, as I recall, but it's been a
while.

FWIW, I'm running Veritas 5.0, and it's working fine for the disks.  On
an older server, I was running Veritas 4.5, and it's also running fine.
But I'm using r380--ymmv.

--Dragon

Liston Bias wrote:

> How do I tell what version I am running?  There used to be comments in
> the orcallator.se that indicated version history, but I don't see that
> anymore.
>
> It turns out the latest version is different, so I tried that but
> still did not resolve teh error.
>
> Thanks,
> Liston
>

> On Sun, 27 Mar 2005, Blair Zajac wrote:
>
>> Liston Bias wrote:
>>
>>> Running orcallator with SE Toolkit 3.4 on Solaris 10 just fine...
>>> Added Veritas Volume Manager 4.1 and now orcallator won't start.
>>> Anyone run into similar trouble?
>>>
>>> /usr/local/orca/bin
>>> root at phi # ./start_orcallator
>>> Writing data into /usr/local/orca/var/orca/orcallator/phi/
>>> Starting logging
>>> 3.4 is version
>>> Sending output to nohup.out
>>> 10045 Segmentation Fault
>>

>> Liston,
>>
>> Which version of orcallator.se are you running.
>>
>> You may want to grab the latest version from
>>
>> http://www.orcaware.com/svn/repos/trunk/orca/data_gatherers/orcallator/
>>
>> and see if that helps.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Blair

	Raytheon

	*David P. Michaels*
Senior Multi-Disciplined Engineer II W.H.
NPOESS IS
Platform OS Unix
303.344.6840
720.858.5952 fax