[Orca-users] Orca with Veritas 4.1

David Michaels dragon at raytheon.com
Wed Mar 30 09:53:01 PST 2005

Liston Bias wrote:

> Are you referring to Veritas Volume Manager in regard to 5.0?  I
> believe version 4.1 was just released.  I was waiting for it as the
> first version that would work on Solaris 10.

Actually, I think the 5.0 refers to the NetBackup.  My bad.  We bought
the whole Storage Foundation Suite, which has its own version, which is
not aligned with anything else. ;)  Our Veritas Volume Manager version
is 4.0.

> I checked orcallator.se file for RAWDISK and see nothing like that in
> the file.  Perhaps it was removed.

Hmm, it's all over the place in mine.  But it was a feature added in
1.36 of the orcallator.se (I'm using 1.37).  Perhaps you need a new
orcallator.se file.  You can get it here
<http://www.orcaware.com/orca/pub/orcallator.se-1.37.txt>.
(http://www.orcaware.com/orca/pub/orcallator.se-1.37.txt)

The top of my orcallator.se file:

    // Orcallator.se, a log generating performance monitor.
    //
    // This program logs many different system quantities to a log file
    // for later processing.
    //
    // Author: Blair Zajac <blair at orcaware.com>.
    //
    // Portions copied from percollator.se written by Adrian Cockroft.
    //
    // Version 1.37:   Dec 28, 2002 Improved algorithm in raw_disk_map()
    which
    //                              detects the end of the
    GLOBAL_disk_info array.
    //                              To deal with occasions when the
    first disk is a
    //                              CD-ROM and the second disk is an
    unmounted
    //                              CD-ROM, revise the check in
    raw_disk_map() to
    //                              detect both the first and second
    disk mentioned
    //                              in GLOBAL_disk_info.  Patch
    contributed by Alan
    //                              LeGrand <alegrand at wallace.com>.
    // Version 1.36:   Dec 17, 2002 Add measurements for tape (st)
    devices.  These
    //                              tape measurements are only taken
    when the
    //                              RAWDISK code is enabled.  The new
    measurements
    //                              include system wide tape reads and
    writes per
    //                              second (tape_rd/s and tape_wr/s),
    system wide
    //                              tape transfer rate (tape_rK/s and
    tape_wK/s),
    //                              and tape run percent (tape_runp_*).
    Patch
    //                              contributed by Liston Bias
    <bias at pobox.com>.