[Orca-users] Long html file name

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Wed Oct 19 21:21:55 PDT 2005

Nicolas Aizier1 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm actually using ORCA on several Linux but even after a while using it
> i still got some question that i didn't find clear answers.
> So I'll ask them here if anyone can help me :
>
> - Html files generated by orca are sometimes too long or diffences
> between 2 files is only on caps lock. As we collect these html file to
> publish on a windows server this is problematic. Any clue ? ( i know
> this seems to be a classic problem but i didn't find any real help on that)

Hi,

What plots are you seeing that differ only in case?  Off hand, I can't
think of anything that would generate this.

Currently, Orca doesn't handle that case well.

> - Did orca exist for windows to generate html from a windows server for
> linux data after moving them to right place ?

Yes, take a look at winalltor in the latest snapshot releases:

http://www.orcaware.com/orca/pub/snapshots/

> - Is it possible to get the daily graph for a past day but just for this
> day ?

You have to do this by hand.  The recommended way is to have a cron job
that runs once a day and uses rsync, tar, cp -r, etc to make a snapshot
of the live directory and put the current date in the new copy.

Blair Zajac, Ph.D.
<blair at orcaware.com>
Subversion and Orca training and consulting
http://www.orcaware.com/svn/