[Orca-users] Orca

Cynthia Kiser cnk at caltech.edu
Thu Oct 20 10:00:22 PDT 2005

Quoting Doron Baranes <baranesdoron at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>  I am new with orca and i am having problem configuring it.  i am
> running it on linux with no collector defined (data files will be
> generated by nagios) any installation/configuration or anyone who is
> experienced with installing it will be helpful.

Just to make sure I understand you. You want Nagios to collect
performance data, then you want Oracaware to graph it. Well, in
theory, all you need to do is run the orca daemon to take the data
files, parse them into RRDtool databases, and then do the graphing.
But will Nagios create data files in the format Oracaware expects? My
guess is no, at least not out of the box. You could probably write
something to make it produce the datafiles - but that really amounts
to re-writing the Orcaware data collectors. Not a great use of your
time. I would suggest just running Nagios and the Orcaware data
collectors in parallel. Procallator doesn't generate much load (I
assume the same could be said of orca and winallator), so there isn't
really much downside of using it for the entire process.

--
Cynthia Kiser
cnk at caltech.edu