AW: AW: [Orca-users] which gcc, make on Solaris 10?

Kraus, Niki Niki.Kraus at 3beg.at
Tue Sep 20 08:26:58 PDT 2005

Hello Darren,

I tried a new installation from the scratch. My PATH looks like
PATH=/usr/sfw/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/gcc/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/opt/RICHPse/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin

and there are no GNU utils installed.

If you take a look into the output the errors start with

# ./configure-with-all-its-options <Enter>
checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.10
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.10
checking target system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.10
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.
#
#

(config.log)
configure:2098: checking for C compiler default output file name
configure:2101: gcc    conftest.c  >&5
/usr/ccs/bin/as: error: unknown option '-'
/usr/ccs/bin/as: error: unknown option 't'
/usr/ccs/bin/as: error: unknown option 'aditional-format'

Honestly, I don't know what 'as' wants to tell me and why SUNWsprot is not the right deal for it.
Maybe, if I would write any C programs I would know...

Do you have an idea?

Regards
 Nick