[Orca-users] HP RAID controller

Paul Woodward pwoodward at wwf.org.uk
Thu Aug 3 02:05:24 PDT 2006

I have been using Orca/procallator on SUSE linux boxes with some success.  But I am unable to gather disk stats from our server which is using an HP RAID controller.

It is running SLES9SP3, which is a linux 2.6 distribution.  The disks attached to the RAID controller are not following the standard device naming convention (/dev/hda or /dev/sda).  They show as /dev/cciss/c0d0 etc.

It appears that procallator is hard coded to look for drives in the form /dev/hdx, /dev/sdx.  I have hacked the procallator script to look for /dev/cciss/cxdx, and I think that this bit now works.  But Orca still doesn't plot the data.

Has anyone else had and resolved similar issues?  Can anyone point me to the lines of code in the procallator and orca scripts which are actually in play for linux 2.6?  My perl skills are almost zero, so I find the scripts difficult to interpret.

Hope somebody can help!

Paul Woodward
Network Administrator
WWF-UK

This e-mail is confidential and may contain privileged information. If you
are not the addressee it may be unlawful for you to read, copy,
distribute, disclose or otherwise use the information in this e-mail. If you
are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately. Views or
opinions expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect those of WWF.

<<<<GWAVAsig>>>>