[Orca-users] HP RAID controller

Kai 'wusel' Siering wusel+yahoo at uu.org
Thu Aug 3 15:58:02 PDT 2006

Hi,

Paul Woodward wrote:

> I should clarify.  I installed orca and procallator on my PC.  Worked fine.  I tried to compile/install orca and procallator onto server with HP RAID controller, and it wouldn't work.  So I copied the all procallator files to the server, and it runs procallator to gather the data.
>
> Finally, I setup an rsync job to copy the data /usr/local/var/orca/procallator/hostname to the PC.  Now when the PC runs orca it generates plots for both computers.  I just don't get the disk stats.
>
> I've tried editing the procallator script on the server as follows:
>  old:            if ( $line =~ /sd|hd/ ) {    # just IDE or SCSI disks
>  new:            if ( $line =~ /cciss/ ) {    # just RAID disks
>
> I think procallator is now doing the right thing, but nothing is plotted by orca.

Hmm, my procallator.cfg has ...

plot {
title                   %g Disk Reads/Writes Per Second
source                  proc2
data                    disk_rd_(.*)/s
data                    disk_wr_(.*)/s
[...]

... so at least that graph should be upgraded automatically.

Caveats: - did procallator.pl write a new data file or did it juts append
            to the old one? Please check with "grep timestamp .../proccol-2006-08-04|wc -l",
            >1 means usually trouble, which will go away the next day, most
            of the times ;)
          - did you restart the Orca process after having updated data
            files in place? I find that for finding new systems before next
            date in "find_times" this is neccessary; shouldn't matter here,
            though.

HTH,
			kai

Kai 'wusel' Siering                       eMail @ home: wusel at uu.org
Traveller on the Information Highway doing full-time administration.

It is easier to change the specification to fit the program than vice versa.