[Orca-users] working with mixed-column data sources...

Attila Mezei-Horvati attila_mh at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 7 13:34:59 PST 2006

Thanks for the reply. I like the article and plan on
checking the others, too.

My problem however is a little different. I am trying
to monitor the performance of a web application on the
server. It is called only from time to time, so I do
have complete metrics (timestamp, startup time,
communication with the network, operations, total
duration) but I don't have it layed out based on a
specific interval. Sometimes I have an entry at 5
seconds, sometimes I have it after two three hours. I
can set the interval to 5 seconds but then what should
I use for the non-existing timestamps? I cannot put 0
since that would alter my statistics, make it look
like everything was alright (bringing down the total
avg, too).

Attila

http://perfcap.blogspot.com/2005/10/sunworld-columns-at-itworld.html