[Orca-users] orca re-processing older files

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Wed Mar 15 20:51:56 PST 2006

Attila Mezei-Horvati wrote:
> I just noticed that every time I run Orca it processes
>  all the files I have in the directory specified in
> the find_files option. Even the ones already
> processed. I am rsync-ing the log files once a day and
> I was expecting Orca would process only the new files,
> not all of them. Is there an option I missed in the
> doc where I can specify to process only new files? Or
> should I empty the directory every day after orca has
> finished?
>
> thanks,
> Attila

Orca tries to be pretty smart about not re-reading files it's already read.  It
keeps track of the timestamp and size of the file, so if neither of these
change, it shouldn't reread the whole thing.

It will read the first line of the file to learn which columns it has though.

Are you seeing noticable slowdown because of this?