[Orca-users] orca plot timelines

David Michaels dragon at raytheon.com
Wed Mar 22 09:29:52 PST 2006

Attila Mezei-Horvati wrote:
> I was wondering what is the rule for Orca to display
> the plots. Sometimes I see on a daily log two days
> worth of logs, sometimes less. Sometimes the first
> time I see listed is 12.00. Sometimes is 18.00.
>
> The same goes for the other plots. Is there a place
> where I can configure the timeframe to be displayed on
> the plot? Or is that chosen programatically? If it is
> chosen programatically what is the logic behind it?

The daily plots show data for 36 hours leading up to the most current
data available at the time Orca processed the logs.  If you see two
daily graphs, one at 12:00 and one at 18:00, then those two graphs
probably also have a different "Last data entered at" line (at the
bottom of the image).  That could be a sign that one of your hosts isn't
updating, or that the regular Orca processing (if you have it set up to
run only every so often) did not run or did not complete for that host.
It may well be possible you just caught it after it processed one host,
but before the other.

Note that the oldest time printed on the axis for the daily graph is on
the 6-hour mark, but the oldest time represented in the graph is "Last
data entered at" time minus 36 hours.

The weekly graphs go back 10 days, the monthly graphs go back 6 weeks,
and so on.  This is hard-coded in Orca in the
"lib/perl/Orca/Constants.pm" file.

Hope this helps!
--Dragon
--nemo draconis omnibus horis sapit