[Orca-users] NFS statistics not showing up

Dave "Dragon" Michaels dragon at raytheon.com
Tue May 16 07:53:41 PDT 2006

Ramkumar Raghavan wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>   I have configured orca. I am not able to see NFS statistics
> eventhough nfsstat -c shows nfs calls.

Odd, I don't see any problems with NFS.  What OS rev are you using?
What Orca rev are you using?

If you're using the latest snapshot build, verify your orcallator.cfg
NFS expressions against the header of the raw data file.  If you're
using 0.27, you should upgrade to the latest snapshot.

> Also I am interested in knowing how the orca will display the
> statistics for trunked interfaces. Please let me know if I have to
> make any special configuration for it.

I don't have any trunked interfaces, but I would think that as long as
your orcallator.cfg references the interface by name (e.g., ce*, qfe*,
or whatever it is for your trunked interface), then they should show up.

Mine looks like this:

data                    1024 * 8 *
((?:(?:bge)|(?:ce)|(?:fjge)|(?:v?ge)|(?:skge))\d+)InKB/s

bge/ce/fjge/.. are all various interface names.  Put yours in there, and
it should appear.  If it doesn't, check your raw data file to see if
it's even being collected, or if it's being collected as a different
name.  If it isn't being collected, then it's a problem with SE.

Cheers,
--Dragon