[Orca-users] unrecognized option `-KPIC'

Dai, Simon simon.dai at bmonb.com
Tue Sep 26 14:02:47 PDT 2006

Hi, folks,

I'm trying to compile orca 0.27 on a Solaris 10 box but always get the
"cc: unrecognized option `-KPIC'" error.

I know that the flags in the source files aren't supported by Sun's own
compiler so I was using gcc and have already made sure that all cc are
referring to gcc ... and I've tried gcc from version 2.95 through 3.3
with no luck.

Could you kindly suggest how I can get around this?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Simon

This e-mail and any attachments may contain
confidential and privileged information. If you are
not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail
and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use
of this information by a person other than the
intended recipient is unauthorized and may be
illegal. Unless otherwise stated, opinions expressed
in this e-mail are those of the author and are not
endorsed by the author's employer.