[Orca-users] ORCA and Solaris 10

McCoy, Leo leo.mccoy at kbm1.com
Wed Apr 11 15:01:37 PDT 2007

It's old, but here's a good article:

http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/features/articles/orca.html

-----Original Message-----
From: orca-users-bounces+leo.mccoy=kbm1.com at orcaware.com [mailto:orca-users-bounces+leo.mccoy=kbm1.com at orcaware.com]On Behalf Of Theo.Rothermundt at fimat.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 10:56 AM
To: orca-users at orcaware.com
Subject: [Orca-users] ORCA and Solaris 10

Hello!

First: Orca is fantastic. I got it running on LINUX on first try ( I followed an article written by Kenneth Hess, under Linux-Magizine.com)
Second: But as I have to administrate more the 15 Solaris Boxes, I would like to use orca  there aswell.

And now I need some help.

- I downloaded RICHPse-3.4 and installed it successful

- I have graped the latest shnapshot from ORCA (orca-snapshot-r529)
 configure -with-html-dir=mypath run without any errors

make (check) failed.
------------------------------------ snip ----------------------
GEFWMIS04# make
making all in packages
cd rrdtool-1.0.50 && make CC='gcc' CFLAGS='-g -O2'
make  all-recursive
Making all in cgilib-0.4
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc  -g -O2 -Wall -pedantic -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -Winline  -fPIC -DPIC    -o librrd_cgi.la   cgi.lo  -lm
false cru .libs/librrd_cgi.a  cgi.o
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `librrd_cgi.la'
Current working directory /opt/orca-snapshot-r529/packages/rrdtool-1.0.50/cgilib-0.4
*** Error code 1
The following command caused the error:
failcom='exit 1'; \
for f in x $MAKEFLAGS; do \
  case $f in \
    *=* | --[!k]*);; \
    *k*) failcom='fail=yes';; \
  esac; \
done; \
dot_seen=no; \
target=`echo all-recursive | sed s/-recursive//`; \
list='cgilib-0.4 gd1.3 zlib-1.1.4 libpng-1.0.9  src doc examples contrib tcl'; for subdir in $list; do \
  echo "Making $target in $subdir"; \
  if test "$subdir" = "."; then \
    dot_seen=yes; \
    local_target="$target-am"; \
  else \
    local_target="$target"; \
  fi; \
  (cd $subdir && make  $local_target) \
  || eval $failcom; \
done; \
if test "$dot_seen" = "no"; then \
  make  "$target-am" || exit 1; \
fi; test -z "$fail"
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
Current working directory /opt/orca-snapshot-r529/packages/rrdtool-1.0.50
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'
Current working directory /opt/orca-snapshot-r529/packages/rrdtool-1.0.50
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `make_rrdtool'
Current working directory /opt/orca-snapshot-r529/packages
*** Error code 1
The following command caused the error:
for subdir in packages  lib  orca  data_gatherers  docs  contrib; do \
  echo making all in $subdir; \
  (cd $subdir && make CC='gcc' CFLAGS='-g -O2' all) || exit 1; \
done
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

------------------------- snip -----------------

Could someome give me an idea where to start ?
Many thanks in advanced

Kind Regards

Theo Rothermundt
Theo.Rothermundt at Fimat.com
IT-System Administrator
Fimat International Banque S.A. Zweigniederlassung Frankfurt
Reg.ger. Frankfurt/M, HR-B 38141
Neue Mainzer Strasse 52, 60311 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
www.FIMAT.com

Tel . +49 69 945 945 02
Fax. +49 69 945 945 25
                                                                          A SOCIETE GENERALE  BUSINESS
Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont confidentiels et etablis a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires.
Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisee est interdite. Tout message electronique est susceptible d'alteration.
La FIMAT et ses filiales declinent toute responsabilite au titre de ce message s'il a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie.