[Orca-users] TCP reset rate

Antenore Gatta antenore at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 01:15:58 PST 2007

Hi all,

First of all thanks a lot for this wonderful software!!!

I installed orca 0.27 in our server farm (solaris 8/9) and I'm facing
a strange behavior.

Almost all of our hosts have an high TCP reset rate (200m/s), so I've
used tcpdump to find out the root cause of the problem.

I executed tcpdump with the filter 'tcp[13] & 4 != 0' and we have
about 1 RST every 30 seconds. This is "_almost normal_", because we
have an alteon the checks every 30 seconds some services.

So I don't know if I'm looking in the wrong direction (tcpdump) or if
I've a problem with orca...

Could you please help me to find out the problem?

Thanks in advance

KR
Antenore.