[Orca-users] High memory consuming

Francisco Mauro Puente fpuente at cencosud.com.ar
Fri Nov 30 07:54:55 PST 2007

Thanks for taking the time Alex.

In fact, orcallator files are not older than 2 days...

drwxr-x---   2 root     root         512 Nov 30 00:00 .
drwxr-xr-x  62 root     root        1536 Nov 15 00:13 ..
-rw-r-----   1 root     root       74289 Nov 28 23:55
orcallator-2007-11-28-000.bz2
-rw-r-----   1 root     root       75559 Nov 29 23:55
orcallator-2007-11-29-000.bz2
-rw-r-----   1 root     root     1176802 Nov 30 12:25
orcallator-2007-11-30-000

# pwd
/usr/local/var/orca/rrd/server_name

>>> "Alex Kiernan" <alex.kiernan at gmail.com> 30/11/2007 12:46:34 p.m.

On Nov 30, 2007 2:32 PM, Francisco Mauro Puente
<fpuente at cencosud.com.ar> wrote:
> Dear Orca users,
>
> My orca.state file is 2GB big, and everytime I start orca, it dies
when
> the process reaches 4GB of memory...what can be wrong? It dies with
an
> "Out of memory!" error.
>
> The server has 16GB RAM and 5GB free at the time orca starts (it's
also
> running other apps)
>
> I have to remove the orca.state file and  start the process again,
this
> is not a normal behavior I think
>
> Any help will be very welcome

Remove some of your old orcallator-... files.

--
Alex Kiernan