[Orca-users] Old data / parsed data

Francisco Mauro Puente fpuente at cencosud.com.ar
Thu Sep 6 05:12:58 PDT 2007

Hello List,

I'm using orca-0.27 + orcallator.se 1.37.

I've used to run both, orca and the web server on a machine runing
linux, but since it generated huge I/O problems (mainly disk), I've
decided to process all the data, via NFS, on a Sun v490 server. Now the
problem is the NFS takes too much cpu on the Linux box.

My problem is: what can I delete from the rrd directory to free up some
space?
All my servers are transferring the orcallator-generated files via
'scp' to the Linux box, but files are being kept on both sides, clients
and server, eating space very very fast...how are you guys deailng with
this? I mean, all the .bz2 keep growing on the client, then transfered
to the server, there is no purge implemented in any way?

Any help will be very welcome

Thanks
Francisco