[Orca-users] Graphing problem

David Michaels dragon at raytheon.com
Wed Jul 9 09:59:31 PDT 2008

Try customizing the disk group in your orcallator.cfg to only graph a
small portion of the disks (using regular expression logic).  For
example, this regex grabs network information only for network devices
matching the patterns:

data                    1024 * 8 *
((?:(?:bge)|(?:ce)|(?:fjge)|(?:v?ge)|(?:skge))\d+)InKB/s
data                    1024 * 8 * $1OuKB/s

(thus, it graphs only bge, ce, ... interfaces).

If you can shrink your disk filter similarly, such as only graphing lun
4 on target 44, you can determine whether your problem has to do with
the large number of disks or with something more fundamental and
irrespective of disk quantity.  In fact, setting your data line to be an
exact duplicate of ONE disk column would be the easiest approach (that
way there's no need for a degree in regular expressions ;) ).

--Dragon