[Orca-users] Orca graph's y-axis for counter values

Guilherme Chehab guilherme_chehab at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 20 09:53:29 PDT 2011

Joshua,

Complementing Blair's response, the rate function in procallator code calculates
the difference between two values and divides the result by the time interval.
That way the counter approximates the measurements to the rate in seconds.

The default interval is, indeed, 5 minutes, but the logged rate counters already
takes that in consideration.

If you sense that this behavior, for some reason, it is not working as
described, send some more information so we can check it out.

It is possible to change this interval, but to graph it in Orca should require
some tweaking in the Orca's perl modules. I think I have tried it once when I
needed to do some troubleshooting data to be logged and graphed.

regards,
Guilherme