[Svnmerge] Assertion on svnmerge.py avail

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Mon Oct 3 03:11:11 PDT 2005

Robert Kiessling <tmda-kw-svnmerge.74c2ae at ro.bert.de> wrote:

> Ah, so a small documentation issue as well, in both
> versions. svnmerge.py says:
>
>   svnmerge avail [-s] [-v] [-l] [-d] [-r revs] [-S src] [-A] [dest]
> [...]
>    "src" may be a repository path or a working directory.

Yes. I fixed that in the Python version to be "a repository URL". OTOH, I
could add support for repository-local paths as well, if there is interest
in such a feature.

> It would be nice to get a more meaningful error message in this case,
> like e.g.:
>
>   "/Homes/branches/AAA" should be the working directory of the
>   head revision, but does not exist in the file system.

I fixed the error message to match the sh-version behaviour:

$ ..\svnmerge\svnmerge.py avail -S /trunk
svnmerge: "/trunk" is not a valid URL or working directory

You can download the latest version to double-check it works for you too.

> Python version with a file system path:
>
> $ ~/bin/svnmerge.py avail -S ../branches/AAA
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/robert/bin/svnmerge.py", line 918, in ?
>     main(sys.argv[1:])
>   File "/home/robert/bin/svnmerge.py", line 884, in main
>     opts["head_path"] = url_to_rlpath(head)
>   File "/home/robert/bin/svnmerge.py", line 458, in url_to_rlpath
>     assert dir[:len(root)] == root
> AssertionError
>
> $ ~/bin/svnmerge.py avail -S /home/robert/data.vc/Homes/branches/AAA
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/robert/bin/svnmerge.py", line 918, in ?
>     main(sys.argv[1:])
>   File "/home/robert/bin/svnmerge.py", line 884, in main
>     opts["head_path"] = url_to_rlpath(head)
>   File "/home/robert/bin/svnmerge.py", line 458, in url_to_rlpath
>     assert dir[:len(root)] == root
> AssertionError

Can you please show me the output of the command with full verbosity
(-v -v)?
--
Giovanni Bajo