[Svnmerge] incorrect merge of moved item

bert.robben at agfa.com bert.robben at agfa.com
Fri Nov 10 04:44:40 PST 2006

Hi,

I'm using svnmerge to merge changes from the trunk to my branch. On my
latest merge, I noticed the following:

(1) I changed file A.
(2) I committed these changes in my branch.
(3) Somebody else moved file A in the trunk to another directory. This was
done as a correct move (i.e. the file still has its history in the trunk).
(4) I do an svnmerge merge in my branch to get the changes from the trunk
(5) I now see that file A is correctly moved, but the version is exactly
like the one in the trunk. All my changes are thrown away.

Is this the correct behaviour?

If so, that's pretty annoying because I was only aware of this because I
happened to compile file A and as it didn't have my changes anymore it
gave me an error. Otherwise I wouldn't even have noticed that my changes
were discarded.

Any ideas?

Bert