[Svnmerge] svnmerge drops revisions from svnmerge-integrated

Archie Cobbs archie at dellroad.org
Mon Nov 13 19:42:56 PST 2006

On 11/13/06, Tilmann Singer <tils at tils.net> wrote:
> Recently however we observed that revisions that have been previously
> merged and saved to the svnmerge-integrated property suddenly
> disappear from the svnmerge-integrated property and thus are being
> listed again in 'svnmerge avail' output.

Did this happen just once or has it happened several times?

If it just happened once, it's possibly due to mishandling by the
committer... not to blame the victim... of course a bug is always
possible, but I haven't heard of any other similar reports.

> Also I would appreciate suggestions how to fix our current value of
> svnmerge-integrated. Should I just insert the forgotten revisions in
> order, separated by commas? Or would it be necessary to concatenate
> consecutive revs into ranges?

To fix it, just manually edit the property. svnmerge is tolerant of
overlapping ranges, duplicates, etc., so you should be able to just
tack the ones you want to add onto the end.

-Archie