[Svnmerge] svnmerge: command execution failed (exit code: 1)

Todd Stafford staffordt at se-core.net
Wed Sep 13 14:32:01 PDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-09-13 at 16:03 -0400, Todd Stafford wrote:
> Recently, i have been having the same problems.  But applying the above
> fix only stops the error being thrown, but the error still happens for
> me.  I am using Linux RHE4 in my case.
>
> I find that the problem is always occurring when the script gets the
> "log --quiet" from the URL as indicated in the svnmerge-integrated
> property.  Lately, the set of revisions I have been making spans through
> quite a few.  Say i am trying to svnmerge revisions 1454, 2039, 2402.
> The script attempts to get the svn log of 1454:2402.  Through some
> research, i figured out that the popen2.popen4() call errors out if the
> "cmd" returns more thank 4096 bytes of output.  The out that is
> displayed by the LaunchError shows this by always displaying at most
> 4097 bytes of data, regardless of the span of revisions I give svnmerge.
>
> I am not a python expert, and I have not been able to find anything on
> the web that talks about how to handle the 512kb or more output.  Can
> anyone chime in on this?

I was mistaken, it was 4096kb.  So the actual byte count would always
stick at 32769b.

I tested out the readline methods, by replacing them with manual
readline statements, but the buffer just doesnt contain anything after
32769b, so i believe the problem is with the popen buffer not exceeding
32769b, but i have been unable to find any information as of yet to why.

Are there any python config files that would limit this? I looked in
popen2.py, but I found nothing.