[Svnmerge] Svnmerge documentation

Johann Moro johannmoro at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 06:39:14 PDT 2006

Where can I find a full documentation for svnmerge?
I am using the help feature but I could use more information. I tried
to search around bud didn't find much other than a small WIKI page
with a simplistic example.

I am trying to see how I can use svnmerge in our environment and I
have a problem with the following scenario:

I have a repository called trunk.
I branch it (using tortoise) and call the branch BranchA
I branch the same again and call that branch BranchB

Now I get 3 working copies (one for each branch).
For some reason if I run
svnmerge init
on them it doesn't work (I have the error: svnmerge: no copyfrom info
available. Explicit head argument (-S/--head) required.)

So instead on BranchA and BranchB I run:
svnmerge init http://trunk
(assuming that http://trunk is the adress of my trunk)
Is that what I am supposed to run? Well anyway it seems to work as
when I commit a change in trunk I can see it and merge it in A and B.

But what about trunk? I cannot run
svnmerge init
as I have the same error.
But I don't know what adress it came from as it's my first branch?
What do I do here? As a result I don't see merge candidates in trunk
when I do a change in BranchA.

Also what am I supposed to do to see changes to merge from BranchA to
BranchB if I which to do so?
Do I always have to merge back to the trunk and then to the other
relevant branches?... Although I can't do that now because I haven't
found a way to merge frin BranchA (or B) to trunk yet.

As you can see I could do with some proper documentation ! ;o))

Thanks for your help.