[Svnmerge] svnmerge: command execution failed (exit code: 1)

Todd Stafford staffordt at se-core.net
Mon Sep 18 07:13:33 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-15 at 01:19 +0200, Giovanni Bajo wrote:
> So that I know that it does not matter, would you please try adding
> "close_fds=True" among the subprocess.Popen() arguments, and try again?

I got my script to not fail out.  It worked 10% of the time before, now
it works 100% (out of 15 tries)

I replaced the call in the launch method
    p = popen2.Popen4(cmd)
    p = popen2.Popen3(cmd)

Dont know what special things Popen4 is doing, or maybe the svnmerge
script isnt using the Popen4 object correctly, either way, Popen3 is
working like a charm.  Is there a reason for using the Popen4 object
that would make using the Popen3 object a bad idea?

Todd