[Svnmerge] request for review: #2863 - analyze_source_revs fix

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Sat Aug 4 04:15:14 PDT 2007

On ven, 2007-08-03 at 16:23 -0500, Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:

> This is a tiny patch, but fixes incorrect behavior when merging between
> two repositories -- analyze_source_revs previously looked for the head
> revision of the *target* when trying to determine the highest possible
> revision, but it is responsible for analyzing revisions in the *source*.
>
> Again, any comments and/or review will be appreciated.
>
> Patch is attached and at
> http://subversion.tigris.org/nonav/issues/showattachment.cgi/696/get_latest_rev_of_source.patch

I think the idea was to reuse the previously-built cache of svn info
invokation. I understand that this is a correctness issue for people
doing cross-repository merges (which weren't supported when svnmerge
began), but I would love if we can avoid slowing down people merging
within the same repository.

Does this patch cause an additional remote svn info to be issued, in the
case there is a single repository?
--
Giovanni Bajo