[Svnmerge] problem merging changes from trunk

Jon Schewe jpschewe at mtu.net
Thu Aug 23 20:56:02 PDT 2007

So I made changes on my development branch.  Then used "svnmerge.py
merge -b -S jpschewe" in the trunk to merge those changes into the
trunk.  This went well.  I then committed my changes to the trunk.  I
then proceeded to attempt a merge on my development branch to get any
changes from the trunk "svnmerge.py merge".  This resulted in a number
of conflicts that shouldn't have happened because nothing had actually
happened on the trunk since I last pulled the trunk into my branch.
Below is the output of the merge with -vv.  When I use "-b", I get no
conflicts and in fact svnmerge does nothing.

jpschewe at jon:~/projects/fll-sw/working-dir/scoring
>svnmerge.py -vv merge
svn propget --strict "svnmerge-integrated" "."
svnmerge: calculate source path for the branch
svn info "."
svnmerge: source is
"https://fll-sw.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/fll-sw/trunk/scoring"
svnmerge: checking status of "."
svn status -q .
svn info
"https://fll-sw.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/fll-sw/trunk/scoring"
svn log --xml --quiet -r401:426
"https://fll-sw.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/fll-sw/trunk/scoring"
svn propget -r 400 --strict "svnmerge-integrated"
"https://fll-sw.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/fll-sw/trunk/scoring"
svn propget --strict "svnmerge-blocked" "."
svnmerge: memorizing phantom revision(s): 401-425
svnmerge: merging in revision(s) 426 from
"https://fll-sw.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/fll-sw/trunk/scoring"
svn propget --strict "svnmerge-blocked" "."
svn propget -r 400 --strict "svnmerge-blocked"
"https://fll-sw.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/fll-sw/trunk/scoring"
svnmerge: property data written to temp
file: /branches/jpschewe/scoring:1-391
svn propset "svnmerge-integrated" -F "/tmp/tmpejTLvi" "."
property 'svnmerge-integrated' set on '.'

svn propdel "svnmerge-blocked" "."
property 'svnmerge-blocked' deleted from '.'.

svn merge --force -r 425:426
https://fll-sw.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/fll-sw/trunk/scoring .
A    test/fll/xml/ChallengeParserTest.java
Skipped 'test/fll/xml/data'
A    test/fll/xml/data/initial-value-above-max.xml
A    test/fll/xml/data/illegal-computed-goal-ref.xml
A    test/fll/xml/data/all-elements.xml
Skipped 'test/fll/xml/data/simple-computed-goal.xml'
A    test/fll/xml/data/initial-value-below-min.xml
A    test/fll/xml/data/enum-using-raw-score-restriction.xml
A    test/fll/xml/data/illegal-tiebreaker-ref.xml
A    test/fll/xml/data/subjective-two-categories-same-goal.xml
A    test/fll/xml/data/enum-using-raw-score-tiebreaker.xml
A    test/fll/xml/data/subjective-computed-goal-ref-other-category.xml
A    test/fll/xml/data/enum-using-raw-score-computed.xml
A    test/fll/xml/data/non-enum-in-enumcond.xml
A    test/fll/xml/data/illegal-computed-enumgoal-ref.xml
A    test/fll/xml/data/computed-ref-computed.xml
A    test/fll/xml/data/initial-value-enum-no-match.xml
A    test/fll/xml/data/illegal-restriction.xml
A    test/fll/xml/data/subjective-duplicate-goals.xml
U    test/fll/db/GenerateDBTest.java
C    test/fll/db/data/test-database.zip
Skipped 'test/fll/util'
Skipped 'test/fll/util/data'
A    test/fll/util/data/test-computed-goal.xml
A    test/fll/util/ScoreTest.java
A    test/fll/util/DummyTeamScore.java
Skipped missing target: 'test/fll/web/ScoreEntryPool.java'
U    test/fll/web/WaitForTomcatStart.java
U    test/fll/web/FullTournamentTest.java
U    test/fll/web/style/WebTest.java
C    test-data/testdb.script
Skipped missing target: 'src/setup'
A    src/fll/model/SubjectiveTeamScore.java
U    src/fll/model/SubjectiveTableModel.java
U    src/fll/xml/ChallengeParser.java
U    src/fll/xml/XMLUtils.java
U    src/fll/gui/SubjectiveFrame.java
U    src/fll/db/GenerateDB.java
U    src/fll/db/Queries.java
U    src/fll/ScoreStandardization.java
U    src/fll/Utilities.java
Skipped 'src/fll/util'
A    src/fll/util/FP.java
A    src/fll/util/ScoreUtils.java
U    src/fll/web/playoff/Playoff.java
U    src/fll/web/playoff/HttpTeamScore.java
U    src/fll/web/playoff/TeamScore.java
U    src/fll/web/playoff/DatabaseTeamScore.java
Skipped 'src/fll/web/setup'
A    src/fll/web/setup/CreateDB.java
U    src/fll/web/developer/ImportDBDump.java
U    src/fll/web/developer/CheckDifferences.java
U    src/fll/web/admin/UploadSubjectiveData.java
U    src/fll/web/scoreEntry/ScoreEntry.java
 U   .

svnmerge: property data written to temp file: /trunk/scoring:1-426
svn propset "svnmerge-integrated" -F "/tmp/tmpRYNGbN" "."
property 'svnmerge-integrated' set on '.'

svn propdel "svnmerge-blocked" "."
property 'svnmerge-blocked' deleted from '.'.

svn log --incremental -r426
https://fll-sw.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/fll-sw/trunk/scoring
svnmerge: wrote commit message to "svnmerge-commit-message.txt"

Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe
If you see an attachment named signature.asc, this is my digital
signature.
See http://www.gnupg.org for more information.