[Svnmerge] problem merging changes from trunk

Jon Schewe jpschewe at mtu.net
Fri Aug 24 04:36:49 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-24 at 01:00 -0400, Raman Gupta wrote:
> Jon Schewe wrote:
> > So I made changes on my development branch.  Then used "svnmerge.py
> > merge -b -S jpschewe" in the trunk to merge those changes into the
> > trunk.  This went well.  I then committed my changes to the trunk.  I
> > then proceeded to attempt a merge on my development branch to get any
> > changes from the trunk "svnmerge.py merge".  This resulted in a number
> > of conflicts that shouldn't have happened because nothing had actually
> > happened on the trunk since I last pulled the trunk into my branch.
> > Below is the output of the merge with -vv.  When I use "-b", I get no
> > conflicts and in fact svnmerge does nothing.
>
> I fail to see what the problem is... you got conflicts without -b,
> which is expected. With -b, nothing happened, because there is nothing
> on the trunk to merge... Seems perfectly fine to me.
Oh, I was under the impression that -b was only required when merging
changes from the development branches into the trunk because there are
multiple sources.  I didn't think -b was supposed to be required when
merging changes from the trunk back into a development branch.

Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe
If you see an attachment named signature.asc, this is my digital
signature.
See http://www.gnupg.org for more information.