[Svnmerge] why python 2.0 compatibility

Matthew Hannigan mlh at zip.com.au
Thu Jul 12 18:59:25 PDT 2007

> Notice that I sticked to Python 2.0 functionalities, since svnmerge.py has
> to be Python 2.0 compatible.  ...

I've been meaning to ask, why does it need to be 2.0 compatible?

More curiousity at the moment, but I'm looking building some
extra functionality using svnmerge.py as a library, and I might
need to keep it compatible for the same reason.

I had a quick look at the wiki, but I couldn't find the reason.

Most linuxes have 2.4 or 2.5 these days; and with the source readily
available I thought we could aim for 2.4.

Regards,
Matt