[Svnmerge] Ignore initialized revisions (was Re: Reflected blocks)

Raman Gupta rocketraman at fastmail.fm
Mon Jul 30 05:39:02 PDT 2007

Giovanni Bajo wrote:
> To sum it up: if my reasoning is right, I'm OK to make this patch go in
> only if there's a followup patch to deprecate --bidirectional and make
> it always on by default.

I haven't really been following this thread, but just wanted to point
out that a few months ago on this list I had made a proposal to have
svnmerge.py determine whether to use the bidirectional logic or not
internally based on whether the source branch had merge information
for the target branch. That would allow deprecating the
--bidirectional flag, but maintain the speed advantages for
uni-directional merging (except for one extra pg call). I think that
proposal got a +1 from Daniel and Giovanni. Would that help here?

Cheers,
Raman Gupta