[Svnmerge] svnmerge-commit-message.txt shows wrong information.

Alan Barrett apb at cequrux.com
Mon Jul 30 11:44:30 PDT 2007

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007, Michael Willmott wrote:
> +        log_revs = merged_revs - opts["merged-revs"]

If I understand the code correctly, that will report every revision
that is present in the "svnmerge-integrated" property after the merge
but that was not present before the merge.  Is that the same as (revs
| phantom_revs | relected_revs)?  I don't see how that's better than
the status quo; could you give some examples where it produces better
messages?

I now think that minimal_merge_intervals could possibly be used to do
what I suggested in an earlier message: include phantom_revs if and only
if doing so allows multiple disjoint revisions to be compressed into a
contiguous range.  Here's some untested code:

    log_revs = RevisionSet(",".join(
			   ["%d-%d" % (start,end)
			    for (start,end) in
			    minimal_merge_intervals(revs, phantom_revs)]))

--apb (Alan Barrett)