[Svnmerge] Possible enhancement to allow merging from (re)moved paths

Kevin Musker kevinmusker at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 22 06:22:52 PST 2007

We currently use svnmerge at our organisation to
manage changes made to our shared libraries. We use it
to merge changes from development branches to trunk
and from trunk to release branches. I'm don't really
know how we coped before someone discovered it :)

Anyway, we are looking at reorganising our repository
to make thing easier to find. Currently we have a
number (around 400) modules in the root of the repos,
with trunk, branches, release) directories in each
one. The plan is to add a bit more structure, so we'll
move the modules from the root into some sub
directories.

At first, I thought that after the move, we'd just
need to update the svnmerge properties to reference
the new structure, and it would all be fine.
Unfortunately (and obviously, after closer inspection)
this doesn't work as the new structure didn't exist in
the past.

So, I've created a potential patch to allow the use of
peg revisions to specify exactly what the merge source
is refering to.

It seems to work properly for our purposes, but I'm
not familair with all the possible uses of svnmerge.
I've included a unit test to demonstrate intended use.

This is my first foray into the world of python, so
there may well be a better way of doing this...

Patch for svnmerge.py:
    http://pastebin.com/m74720440

Patch for svnmerge_test.py:
    http://pastebin.com/m5141bc49