[Svnmerge] Compatibility of svnmerge with 1.5 clients but 1.4server?

Rohan Joseph rohanjoseph at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 08:59:11 PDT 2008

Client 1.5 will only touch the working copies and automatically
upgrade (1.4.3) to 1.5. And svnmerge.py still continues to work
effectively with the 1.5 client. Are there any specific use cases out
there for which svnmerge.py outperforms the 1.5 release? To use any of
the merge tracking features of 1.5, your repository would also have to
be promoted to 1.5

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 9:49 AM, Rekha Gupta <RGupta at glgroup.com> wrote:
> According to build management group who are keepers of SVN in my
> esteemed organization; its all right to go ahead and upgrade to client
> 1.5. Not sure how many new features would work without server upgrade
> but client should be backward compatible.
>
> Thanks
> Rekha

Best Regards,

Rohan Joseph