[Svnmerge] Question about SVN 1.5 vs. svnmerge

Jon Schewe jpschewe at mtu.net
Sun Sep 28 08:04:04 PDT 2008

I've done some reading on the new merge features in svn 1.5 and I'm not
sure it supports everything that svnmerge does. Perhaps someone on this
list can either answer the question or point me to an answer.

I'm doing development with development branches. Each developer has
their own branch they work on (as we don't share bugs much). Each
developer merges changes from the trunk when they want to get up to date
and then merges changes back to the trunk when they're done making
changes (using -b) and then keeps making changes in their development
branch and does this all over again.

Looking at the svn 1.5 documentation it doesn't appear that this is
supported as you need to use the reintegrate option and then the branch
is dead. Is this correct?

--
Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe
If you see an attachment named signature.asc, this is my digital

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor
demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,
neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will
be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ
Jesus our Lord. - Romans 8:38-39