[Svnmerge] bug when trying to block/merge revision w/ encoded text that the terminal's locale cannot support

Jon Schewe jpschewe at mtu.net
Sun Aug 16 06:21:10 PDT 2009

Blair Zajac wrote:

> On Aug 15, 2009, at 8:22 PM, Jon Schewe wrote:
>
>> Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:

>>> Patches would be welcome.  Sadly, svn-1.5 and higher have made
>>> svnmerge.py somewhat irrelevant, so it's not particularly likely
>>> you'll see this implemented otherwise.
>> I'm sad to hear that people feel that way. The primary way that I use
>> svnmerge.py is to do developer branches. This is still not supported by
>> svn-1.5 and higher. So I see a real need for svnmerge.py.
>
> Do you just mean the fact that you need to delete and recopy the
> branch after you do a --reintegrate merge?
Yes, plus I need to delete my working directory and wait for everything
to download again, which is a real pain and highly confusing for many
developers.

--
Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe
If you see an attachment named signature.asc, this is my digital

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor
demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,
neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will
be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ
Jesus our Lord. - Romans 8:38-39