[Svnmerge] setting up new development branch

Jon Schewe jpschewe at mtu.net
Wed Jan 14 03:55:09 PST 2009

I've created some development branches off of my trunk and I've been
happily merging back and forth. Now a new developer is on the project
and I created a new developer branch for him by using svn copy. I then
did svnmerge.py init in his branch and svnmerge.py init <branch path> in
trunk. Now in the new developer branch when I do svnmerge.py merge I'm
prompted for which source I should use as all of the merge sources from
the trunk are there. Do I need to uninit each branch from the developer
branch? Or is there some other way to handle this?

Thanks.

--
Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe
If you see an attachment named signature.asc, this is my digital

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor
demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,
neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will
be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ
Jesus our Lord. - Romans 8:38-39