[Svnmerge] Svnmerge.py and Subversion 1.5

Erik Andersson kirean at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 04:31:04 PST 2009

Hi

We are currently using svnmerge.py and I'm very happy with it. Some
developers are though complaining about the blame function beeing messed up
since it's the CM that owns a lot of changes due to the merges. I looked at
upgrading to svn 1.5, but the merge tracking seems to lack some
functionality like blocking changesets. Also, we do cyclic merges and svn
1.5 seems to make that complicated.

Is there anyone else who have decided not to use the merge tracking in svn
1.5 and stick to using svnmerge.py? Please share your experiences.

If we upgrade to svn 1.5, will svnmerge.py work as fine as before? I'm
guessing I won't get the blame functionality properly though if I still use
svnmerge.py..

Cheers / Erik