[Svnmerge] Svnmerge.py and Subversion 1.5

Hermanns, Horst h.hermanns at telekom.de
Thu Jan 15 08:39:55 PST 2009

Hi,

we tried to use svnmerge with subversion 1.5 (server) an run into
problems because of property conflicts.

Subversion 1.5 creates parallel its own merge properties (no way to
prevent this). Svnmerge does handle "his" merge properties during a
merge in an special way to prevent conflicts but this does not affect
the new merge properties.

We decided not to use svnmerge with Subversion 1.5. and decided to ceate
a merge plugin for eclipse (subclipse) to handle merges similar to
svnmerge (prevent bidirectional/repeated merges, ...) based on the new
merge properties.

Cheers / Horst