[Svnmerge] Problems with latest stable svnmerge.py on RHEL4

Steinar Bang sb at dod.no
Sat May 9 11:21:09 PDT 2009

>>>>> Blair Zajac <blair at orcaware.com>:

> Which version of svn do you have?

sb at somehost:~$ svn --version
svn, version 1.1.3 (r12730)
   compiled Jan 19 2005, 08:15:49

Copyright (C) 2000-2004 CollabNet.
Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.tigris.org/
This product includes software developed by CollabNet (http://www.Collab.Net/).

The following repository access (RA) modules are available:

* ra_dav : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV (DeltaV) protocol.
  - handles 'http' schema
* ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk.
  - handles 'file' schema
* ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network protocol.
  - handles 'svn' schema

Hm... this sounds quite prehistoric...?

I have no admin privileges on the RHEL servers, so that means I have to
go with whatever's installed there, or build and install stuff under my
own user.

Is this version so old that I really, really, should replace it with my
own private version?

(I use it for a fairly simple task, which is versioning my home
directory, or more specifically: all of the setup files in the home
directory.  And that's where svnmerge comes in, because I've started
maintaining multiple branches of the home directory)