[Svnmerge] patch: ignore corrupt entries

Benjamin Reed rangerrick at gmail.com
Tue May 19 16:01:16 PDT 2009

I ran into a problem where we had some hand-edited svnmerge-integrated
properties in our repository.  Since svnmerge evaluate entries in old
revisions, there's no way (without archive surgery) to retroactively
change a busted svnmerge-integrated property.

Instead, I made a small patch to svnmerge.py to accept the option
"--ignore-corrupt-entries" where it will ignore the broken entries,
rather than bomb out with a cryptic "svnmerge: Invalid path identifier
''" message.

I apologize if I've failed at python-isms, I haven't dabbled in python
for probably 5 years, but I muddled through to something that behaved
right for me.  I hope this would be accepted for what it is: a total
hack.  ;)

Attached is the patch to current svnmerge.py trunk.

--
Benjamin Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick
Fink, KDE, and Mac OS X development

Blog: http://www.raccoonfink.com/