[Svnmerge] Problem with merges from the root of a repository

Jeppe_Oland at playstation.sony.com Jeppe_Oland at playstation.sony.com
Thu Nov 18 19:02:35 PST 2010

Hi there,

I have a problem with svnmerge giving conflicts when merging from one
repo to another.

I have bidirectional merge links set up between the 2 repositories so
that we can merge changes from a private development branch into the
trunk - and from the trunk into the private branch if anybody makes
changes there.

The problem started happening after a change was made in the trunk.
This change was merged to the private branch without problems.
Now, when merging from the private branch to the trunk, the revision
number of the trunk->private merge shows up, and of course causes conflicts.

  From digging a bit, it looks like the problem is caused by the private
repository having all its files at the root of the repository (and not
under trunk or something similar).
This causes "analyze_revs" to not correctly find the reflected revs.

I have attached a diff that fixes it for my case - but I'm not sure if
that is the right way to fix it, or if it would cause any side effects.

Regards,
-Jeppe